The Discover team in coordination with the Kyiv Oblast State Administration has created the VR Museum of War to capture and demonstrate the consequences of Russia’s invasion. We are going to tell you how it was made possible.
Key stages of creation
The Virtual Museum of War has been created through the cooperation with the War up Close volunteer project and aims to convey the horrors that befell Kyiv city and region to the whole civilised world. The Discover team have gone through several stages to create the VR museum:
- Developing a detailed concept of the project, i.e. its general vision, idea and plan.
- Obtaining permits for photo and video shooting from competent public authorities and agencies.
- Conducting the shooting at great personal risk, as obtaining detailed footage often required us to come very close to destroyed and dangerous buildings.
- Designing and programming the VR museum section.
- Creating Google Street Views of the tours and adding them to Google Maps.
- Spreading the word about the museum in mass media.
As a result, the VR Museum of War project was spread and widely publicised. Its opening was not only tweeted about by the Advisor to the Minister of Internal Affairs Anton Herashchenko, but also reported by a number of news agencies and media outlets:
- Ukrainska Pravda. Life
- Kyiv Oblast Military Administration
- The Village Ukraine
- Polska Agencja Prasowa
- Radio Maximum
- Information. Advertisments
- My Kyiv Region
- Irpin Journal
- Our Kyiv
With the virtual memorial museum of war, the whole world and our descendants can see the price we are paying for our independence and freedom. We shall never forget the horrors and destruction Russia has brought to our land.