The Church of the Ascension in the village of Lukashivka in Chernihiv region was built in 1913 in the style of diocesan architecture on the site of a wooden church of the end of the 18th century. After the Second World War, the Soviet authorities removed all the icons from the church and turned the building into a warehouse. Services were resumed only in 1988.
During the occupation of the village in the spring of 2022, Russian troops set up an ammunition depot in the Ascension Church. As a result of shelling and fire, the architectural monument was almost completely destroyed.